Thursday, May 6, 2010

I am Woman, hear me .....

I'd like to say ROAR but it was more like WHINE. I had a bad day at work. I think it has something to do with having been sick for the past two weeks, taking massive doses of steroids in the hopes that I get well and being under the gun for too many projects at work. But, whatever the reason, I just kind of lost it. I hate when I do that. Not only does it make me look weak in the workplace but it makes me look weak in my faith. I want to live like Jesus every day and I think I failed miserably today. Sheesh. I can only do what He gives me strength to do and today I don't think I even asked Him for strength. I stewed about having to work. I griped about all the deadlines facing me. I took it out on another co-worker. I even did the dreaded-I cried. You know that "you've made me so mad and so out of control that now I will cry like a girl"!

I will go back to work tomorrow to face the same situation. I want to go back, however, with determination and focus and perseverance. I want to do my job as "unto the Lord". I want to remember that I am fortunate to have such a wonderful job so close to my home. I am going to start the day by going to the throne to ask for strength to do my best.

It's okay to be an outspoken woman. Tomorrow I want my life to be outspoken about Him.

No comments: