When you are involved in a remodeling project, whether you choose to do it or it is forced upon you by a flood, there are lessons to be learned:
1. To a contractor/construction worker type guy "tomorrow" does not necessarily mean the next day. It means "some tomorrow".
2. "You're next on my list" means just that. You will never be at the top of the list; you are always "next".
3. "No later than" does not mean that it will definitely be done by then. It's just their way of telling you what you want to hear.
4. Never make plans based on their promises. They don't keep them.
5. Always be grateful for the home you have and the comfort you derive from it.