Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas at the Fletchers

I have had a time trying to upload my pictures this time. I tried for two days and was finally successful tonight. However, they seem to be a little random in order so just try to imagine a seamless, flowing presentation.

This is the dining room table. It is rather plain but I like something simple so that it is easy to remove for dinner time.





Dennis' Christmas Village:



Some of the pretties on the tree:





This Nativity is something from Dennis' childhood. His family had it as long as he can remember. (He is 53) The figures were made in Italy. The stable, however, is newer. The figures used to be set up on a heavy cardboard thing that opened up and the stable popped up but it deteriorated with age and we had to get rid of it.


One of the crosses on our tree. I love all the different crosses but this is one of my favorites.


One of the many nativity sets that Dennis has bought for me. I love to find new ones.



A shot of the tree from the living room. We decided to put it in the little breakfast nook and I love how it looks here. Our artificial, pre-lit tree was destroyed in the flood we had in April so we bought a living tree that will go out in the yard after Christmas. It is a white pine.

Our little tree in the foyer by the front door.




The little Nativity vignette on the tree. I love this.




I have used this little sleigh for a foyer decoration for years and decided to use it for our smaller Christmas gifts this year. I found the neatest wrapping paper at the GROCERY STORE for $1.00 a roll. It has baby Jesus in the manger with a sweet little lamb beside him.


Another shot of the tree; this time from the kitchen view.


The dining room window with my retro candle lights and choir boys. I found both of these at an antique mall. They just scream Christmas 1955, don't they?



The following nativity is my favorite that Dennis has given me. This one was a complete surprise. I had admired it but knew we could not spend the money for it. He surprised me with it for Christmas. I just love this one.



Another view of the tree and Nativity and sleigh and stockings. We don't have a fireplace.

I have enjoyed showing you our home. Come again.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Great decor Verla. All of your nativities are so pretty. I think I have that same amber colored cross. Is it from Pier 1 maybe? Or Hobby Lobby? I can't remember where I got mine. We don't have a fireplace either so ours are hanging on the bookshelf in the living room.

Whitney said...

Verla, everything looks so beautiful. Your house is so cozy and inviting. I love all the nativities! What a neat thing to collect. Thanks for sharing! I loved looking at what you get to look at every day!:)

Pleasant Living said...

What a beautiful, cozy home with a wonderful focus on the Lord! I also love the idea of putting your tree in your yard!

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Everything looks so cozy and Christmasy.....so inviting and welcoming!

LaurieAnna