Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Perfect Fall Day

We had such a wonderful day. It wasn't spectacular in any way, just good. We didn't have to be anywhere this morning so we could sleep in. I got up at 3:30 and Dennis got up at 5:00! I just woke up and had a bit of a headache so I got up, took meds and laid down on the love seat in the living room. I couldn't sleep so I fixed a wonderful cup of coffee, grabbed a quilt and read. Then Dennis got up. He searched for something on television and then turned it off and napped in the recliner. We spent the next 3-4 hours like that. He napped a little, I read a little and napped some myself. It was heaven-no schedule, no rushing to be anywhere.

After Katie got up (10:30-she has no trouble sleeping in) Dennis and I took a trip to Walmart. It was so much fun just to be together and talk and enjoy the time. Then it was back home to put steaks in the frig to marinate and potatoes in the oven to bake for dinner later.

The weather was perfect-we had the doors and windows open to let in the fresh air. Dennis watched football. I read. Katie watched movies.

Dennis grilled steaks that turned out as well as any I have had anywhere. The potatoes were just right. Another component to our perfect fall day!

Vacuuming and folding three baskets of laundry filled some of the time but it was rewarding to have it done. Dennis is always a big help around the house. He really makes a better housewife than me!

Saturday is the day for a phone call from my sister Rhonda. We laughed and talked and enjoyed our time. Then it was time to start getting things ready for Sunday dinner-making a dessert, peeling potatoes and cutting up chicken. I like to have as much done as possible for Sunday lunch so we can eat soon after church. This is the weekend the kids come over and I can't wait to spend some time with them all.

Everyone is in bed now except me. You might be reading this and think "this is her idea of a perfect day?" Well, yes it is. I love days where the little things remind me that they are indeed the BIG things! I hope you have many days like mine.

No comments: