Sunday, November 30, 2008

In Everything.....Give Thanks

Those four words have been cropping up everywhere in the past few days. I know, you are probably thinking, well, duh Verla, we did just celebrate THANKSGIVING, hello? That is true. So, of course, thanks and thanksgiving have been very much in the air. What I mean, though, is those EXACT four words. A devotion that I receive daily expounded on those four words. Then, a good portion of Book Seven in the Mitford Series by Jan Karon, which I just finished reading last night, dealt with those four words. Our pastor's message included those four words today in his personal testimony. All of these different "arrows" have really pierced my heart and I realize that I was needing to hear these words over and over. It's easy to give thanks when I can see the good that will come from something. It's easy to give thanks when things work out my way and for what I think is the best. It's not so easy, however, to give thanks when you feel like you are stumbling in the dark or cannot imagine how any beauty will rise from these ashes. But I am commanded and challenged to go ahead and give thanks. So, I am just going to do that. Thank you God that in all of those circumstances and problems that I just don't understand I know without a doubt that you are near me and loving me and working things out according to your will.

Another contest at http://comeandpeek.blogspot.com/ Check it out.

Whit's first Christmas giveaway is at http://glamlifehousewife.blogspot.com/. You know you want to win so go there!

2 comments:

Pleasant Living said...

What a profound post! I always try to thank God when I'm first encountering a trial, before I even ask for anything. It's so hard, though! "Give thanks in ALL things!"

D Wright said...

Jan Karon invites you to visit her website at www.mitfordbooks.com.
I think you will enjoy the site.