Monday, October 27, 2008

It was Christmas at our house today. Yep. You read that right. We let Blair open her Christmas present. For those of you who don't know my family, Blair is our 22 year old daughter. Now, you might be asking yourself why we would let her open her gift in October. We have a good reason, really, we do.

Blair starts practical nursing school November 3rd! We are so very PROUD of her and excited for her. She has been working as a nurse tech at a hospital and is ready to jump head first into this career. We wanted to show her how we feel and just didn't see any reason to wait until December 25th. So, we didn't.

Can you guess what we gave her?

It wasn't a stethoscope.

Guess again.

It wasn't a pair of white support hose.

One more guess.


It wasn't one of those cool 1950s nurse hats.


It was a ..............................................



LAPTOP!

She was surprised and excited. It was fun to do something so totally unexpected.

Merry Christmas to you, too!




6 comments:

Cari said...

Wow! That's awesome! I had no idea that's what Blair was doing. Good for her! Send her my best wishes.

Whitney said...

Oh that is exciting!! I bet she was thrilled. So much fun!

Pleasant Living said...

Oh man, I wish I would get an early Christmas present! So fun!

Tanya said...

Aw, how fun! What a lucky girl!!

Melinda said...

Thanks! You are too kind. I don't know whether you should be impressed or scared at my OCDness. :) Happy Halloween!

Lori said...

Yay! I'm one of those people that believes Christmas should be all year, so I don't judge you!! I keep up with Blair through myspace, but I didn't know that she was going to be a nurse - pretty cool - Personally don't have the stomach for it, but I'm glad others do :-)
Did you give me a recipe for a cheesy Velveeta soup with veggies? I found this little yellow postit with ingredients & such, but didn't write down who gave it to me & as strange as this sounds, I think it was you...